Good Ole Salsa!

Salsa. The one food I could eat all day, everyday. And I do...sometimes!
I have always been VERY picky about my salsa. I don't like it from a store bought jar, I do not like big chunks, It can't be too sweet. It has to have heat & and not to much onion, needs to have a good amount of cilantro taste. See? Picky.

Here is a WONDERFUL recipe I found from The Pioneer Women (love her recipes).
It's easy and so yummy! My mother who is a HUGE salsa lover even threw out her old
recipe and put this one in it's place!
Hands down the best one I have every tasted. It's just like restaurant salsa!


Salsa
Adapted From

Ingredients
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • 1/2 whole Lime Juice

Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. I Do not like any chunks in my salsa, puree for me!

Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with a good bag of tortillas!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment