Yesterday Z and I made the best cookies ever! Oatmeal chocolate chip!! mmm.... so chewy and delish! If I could only choose one cookie to eat forever I think this one maybe it!
Here is the recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, I've read a lot of the reviews and choose to add 1/2 cup more flour and only 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a bit less baking soda. I dislike salty and am a strong preacher for less or NO sodium!! And I did not add the walnuts. I only cooked for 10 minutes. They turned out wonderful and the hubby couldn't rave enough about them!